Rajahmundry (also called Rajamahendravaram) was a part of the Buddhist kingdom of Vengi. The Eastern Chalukyas ruled coastal Andhra from 700 to 1200, with Vengi, near the village of Pedavegi, as their capital. Historical evidences are found at the villages of Pedavegi and Guntupalli (Jilakarragudem). Eluru then became a part of the Kalinga Empire until 1471. Later it fell into the hands of the Gajapathis. In 1515 Sri Krishna Deva Raya captured it. After the fall of the Vijayanagara Kingdom, it was taken by the Sultan of Golkonda, Kutub Shah. In 1925, West Godavari District was formed with Eluru as its headquarters and all the district offices and regional offices were set up in Eluru town.
West Godavari district was formed from old Godavari district in the year 1925. The Godavari district was renamed as East Godavari district and the new district is named as West Godavari district.
West Godavari District BJP Office Add:
District BJP Leaders
Name: B SRINIVASAVARMA
Address: Narasaiah Agraharam,BHIMAVARAM -534 203
Contact Number: 7893031444
Name: POTLURI RAMA MOHAN RAO,
Contact Number: 9440110110